Touchdown Sundae Milkshakes
Along with falling leaves, pumpkin spice, and sweaters, the cooler weather brings football!
I have a confession, football is not my thing. Really no sport is. Growing up I just wasn’t around it much. Like at all. The only sporting event I have ever gone to, other than hockey games because hockey fights are very entertaining and require no knowledge of the actual sport, was a baseball game when I was seven. And yes, I cried when they lost even though other than going to that one game, I had never associated myself with that team.
So, when the game is on I’m usually pretty clueless and join in with a, “Oh, great! They just did that thing! That thing was good, right? Oh, it wasn’t? Oh, no!”. Apparently, I can’t even take cues from the yelling to see whether something was good or not. And surprisingly that doesn’t impress many. Thankfully, I don’t have to make football conversation to win hearts and, if you’re as clueless as me, neither do you!
The way to everyone’s heart is through food. And for my family and friends, dessert to be specific. And as I’ve mentioned half a million times now, I love a theme. So to win the affection of your football loving crowd, I give you Touchdown Milkshakes made with Edy’s Touchdown Sundae ice cream.
Yes, delicious Edy’s fudge-swirled vanilla ice cream with adorable caramel filled chocolate footballs made into creamy, fudgy, caramel-y, delicious milkshakes! Obviously you could just serve the ice cream for a quick crowd-pleasing and, most importantly, on-theme treat. But if you wanted to do something a little extra, these milkshakes are quick and easy and are sure to be hit.
Now to make the milkshake, you just blend the already very delicious Edy’s Touchdown Sundae ice cream with milk and a little caramel. By the way, you better hustle to get this flavor, it’s only around for a limited time.
Then you pour into glasses, top with whipped cream, and sprinkle on some team color sprinkles! Easy-peasy and sure to make everyone forget that nonsensical sports reference you tried to make! Note, always double-check to make sure you have the right team colors. I nearly made the mistake of going to a watch party with the wrong team’s colored dessert. That would not have gone over well. These sports people seem to be pretty particular about that. I don’t even know if a delicious milkshake would help you there.
And in true Sarah fashion, take the theme even further, with chocolate dipped pretzel rods that are decorated with double-checked-for-accuracy team colors and pretzel rods made to look like footballs.
Stick your team spirit pretzels in your milkshakes and there you have it!
A perfect game day treat that all your friends and family will sure to be a fan of!
And to take the ice cream theme even further, you should check out the Edy’s Ice Cream Pinterest account! They have a ton of crowd-pleasing ice cream treats that are sure to be a home run! Wait, that’s baseball, isn’t it?
Thank you to Edy’s Ice Cream for sponsoring this post!
INGREDIENTS serves four
12 pretzel rods
7 ounces white chocolate morsels, divided
sprinkles in your favorite team’s colors
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels
2 cups Edy’s Touchdown Sundae Ice Cream
¼ cup 2% milk
2 tbs caramel sauce
whipped cream, optional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt 6 ounces white chocolate in a glass, or tall microwave-safe container, per instructions on packaging. Dip 8 pretzel rods in the melted white chocolate. Sprinkle 4 rods in one team color’s sprinkles, and the other 4 in the other team color. Place on prepared sheet to harden.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate in a glass, or tall microwave-safe container, per the instructions on the packaging. Dip remaining 4 pretzel rods in melted semi-sweet chocolate. Melt remaining 1 ounce white chocolate per instructions on packaging. Place in a piping bag fitted with a #2 piping tip and pipe on white laces. Set on prepared sheet to harden.
- Place Edy’s Touchdown Sundae ice cream, milk, and caramel sauce in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 4 glasses. Place 2 of your team color pretzel rods and 1 football pretzel rod into each glass. Depending on the size of your glasses, you can break off the ends of your pretzel rods if they are too tall.
- Optional, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with additional team color sprinkles