Strawberry Kit Kat Mini Cheesecake Cups
Happy Wednesday! I know on Wednesdays we wear pink (I personally will be rocking my pink rain jacket as we're supposed to have light rain allllll day today) but I'm thinking why not take that to the next level with mini pink desserts. #onwednesdaysweeatpink
I mean, who could resist mini pink Kit Kats?! I couldn't not make something with these adorable little guys. They are limited edition but I was able to find them online here. I also know they have this flavor permanently in Japan so you might be able to find them in your local Asian or international grocery store. If you're in the Cincinnati area, I know Jungle Jim's has them.
These would also be good with regular Kit Kat minis of course! The pink just adds that extra kick of adorableness and the strawberry flavor is A+.
Now onto the recipe!
First I made some strawberry sugar cookie dough and rolled it into 1-inch balls. I placed the balls into a greased mini muffin pan.
After they were done baking, while still warm I used the backside of my teaspoon to push in little cups for my cheesecake filling to sit in.
For a little pizazz and texture, I dipped the bottoms in melted white chocolate and then some ground strawberry Kit Kats that I made in my food processor.
After that I piped on some cheesecake filling.
And topped with the little minis! Adorable and delicious!!
STRAWBERRY SUGAR COOKIE CUPS INGREDIENTS makes 24 mini cheesecake cups
85 grams (6 tbs) unsalted butter, room temperature
99 grams (½ cup) granulated sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 tbs strawberry syrup
156 grams (1¼ cups) all-purpose flour
2.5 grams (½ tsp) baking powder
pink gel food coloring
1 8 ounce bag (226 grams) Strawberry Kit Kat Minis
85 grams (½ cup) white chocolate
CHEESECAKE FILLING INGREDIENTS
227 grams (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
90 grams (¾ cup) powdered sugar
2 tbs strawberry syrup
8.4 ounces (1 cup) heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a mini muffin pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add egg, strawberry syrup, and enough gel food coloring to get the color you want (start small and build up) and continue to beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Roll dough into 1" balls and place in prepared mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes.
- Immediately after removing from oven, use the back of a round teaspoon to press the dough down in the middle, forming a cup. Once cool enough to touch, remove from pan and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, take all but 24 of the mini Kit Kats and place in a food processor. Blend until you have fine crumbs. Place crumbs in small bowl.
- Melt your white chocolate per instructions on bag. Place in small bowl. Add a tiny bit of coconut oil if it needs thinning.
- Once the cookie cups have completely cooled, dip each cookie cup into the white chocolate, about half way, and immediately dip in Kit Kat crumbs. Place on parchment paper to harden.
- Pipe a swirl of cheesecake filling (recipe below) into each cup and top with mini Kit Kats.
These will stay good for a couple days in an airtight container in the fridge.
CHEESECAKE FILLING INSTRUCTIONS
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on high speed until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until well incorporated. Scoop out into a separate bowl.
- Now in the bowl of your electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the strawberry syrup and continue mixing until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in half of whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Repeat with the remaining whipped cream. Place in piping bag fitted with a large star tip and refrigerate until ready to pipe onto cookie cups.
NUTRITION (24 cheesecake cups)
calories: 223, total fat: 14 g, saturated fat: 30 g, cholesterol: 39 mg, sodium: 77 mg, potassium: 16 mg, total carbohydrate: 23 g, dietary fiber: 0 g, sugars: 16 g, protein: 2 g