Strawberry Kit Kat Cookies
On Wednesday we eat pink treats continues this week with Strawberry Kit Kat Cookies! I'm thinking this should be a weekly thing. I mean, what couldn't be made better by making it pink? Eh, nothing, that's what. And let's be honest, Hump Day needs a little pink pick me up.
I think myself, like a lot of girls growing up, loved pink and then did a complete 180 around 6 or 7 and hated it. I actually remember it clearly. I only wore dresses or skirts and loved everything and anything pink until I left my small preschool and went into nig, scary 1st grade. Dresses and pink were gone in flash. They were not cool and of course, I couldn't possibly do anything different. I buried my love of pink and floral dresses deep inside me and had my mom buy me baby blue striped Adidas, demin shorts, and overalls. It was the mid-nineties, we all wore overalls. All the while stealing quick glances at the pink striped Adidas, the flowy skirts, and the dresses with bows and rosettes.
I think it was around 16 I had enough confidence to go back to declaring pink as my favorite color, and it hasn't changed once since.
Just look at #millennialpink on Instagram! Even if pink isn't your go-to color, you can't help but lust over those photos. Pink vintage Fiats, pink sneakers, pink houses, pink fancypants restaurants! Ugh, I die. I want it all. I want to see it all. I want to take all my photos in front of those wonderful pink walls! I'm battling with my husband currently on our front door being painted pink. If it were pink, our house would probably be Instagram famous! #thedream
So yes, I'm pro everything millennial pink and my dress-lovin' 5-year-old self couldn't be happier.
INGREDIENTS makes 21 cookies
113 grams (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
99 grams (1/2 cup) white sugar
57 grams (1/4 cup) packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
204 grams (1 1/2 cups) bread flour
14 grams (2 tbs) malted milk powder
3 grams (1/2 tsp) baking soda
2 grams (1/4 tsp) salt
85 grams (1/2 cup) white chocolate chips
126 grams (1 cup) Strawberry Kit Kats, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter with the sugars until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat on low speed just until combined, about 10-15 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, malted milk powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and Kit Kats.
- Roll into 1.5 inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until the cookies look puffy and pale and just barely golden.
- Let cool on pan for around 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
NUTRITION (21 cookies)
calories: 141, total fat: 8 g, saturated fat: 5 g, monosaturated fat: 1 g, cholesterol: 21 mg, sodium: 84 mg, potassium: 5 mg, total carbohydrate: 16 g, dietary fiber: 0 g, sugars: 7 g, protein: 2 g